PLANNING REFORM MEETINGS
Irrespective of who is in government, IMPA's aim is to work with all parties to promote our proposed reforms, as outlined below. Updates will be posted to keep our members, and the broader public, informed of the outcomes of these meetings.
Our proposed Planning Reforms include, but are not limited to:
- Greater involvement of the Community in Major Planning Amendments and Infrastructure Projects.
- The introduction of an Independent Planning Authority.
- Mechanisms to secure the staged introduction of public open space and other amenities in urban renewal areas.
- A more detailed, participatory, urban design process to identify opportunities and challenges in proposed urban renewal areas.
- Detailed audits of potential medium-density development sites in each local municipality.
- Greater certainty of Heritage Protection and clarity of built form limitations.
- Review the role of VCAT.
This page will continue to be updated as we progress. If you would like to contribute to this effort, please complete our survey.